Your cart is empty Shop Liberty Bicycles!
What is Niagara Rules Bike Polo? A game that blends mountain-biking with the traditional sport of polo… just no horses. It’s incredibly fun to play. Give it a try! Newbies welcome. Generally, we play on grass, mostly soccer fields; Sometimes asphalt parking lots if the conditions are bad. Mountain bikes are the best choice, but almost any bike with wider tires can work. When? Sunday mornings once a month (when possible) around 10am. Games can last an hour to two. We supply mallets for those who do not have their own. Smiles and good attitudes only. Olympic-calibre fun!
What are the Niagara Rules?
1. No willful damage rule. Don’t smash bikes or people. Don’t be a jerk.
2. Dab and move rule. If you put your foot down you need to move away from the ball.
3. End zone rule. If the ball crosses the end-zone it becomes of the possession of that end-zone’s team.
4. Side line rule. If the ball crosses the side line ball-possession changes teams.
5. Utah Start. Ball begins at centre-field; players begin at opposing end-zones until the countdown to start.
6. Games end when everyone everyone agrees it’s over.
7. Don’t sue if you happen to get hurt or damage your bike. Games are disorganized and played in the spirit of fun.
Contact us if you are interested in playing.
Sometimes it’s nice to turn off the power-meter and just get out for a ride. The Saturday Morning Casual gravel ride is just that — a fun medium-pace ride with friends. We meet at the shop at 8:30am and head out on some gravel paths and lightly traveled roads in and around the Short Hills area. Contact us if you would like to take part. You’ll need a gravel bike (with 33-40mm semi-knobby tires) or a faster hybrid bike that you can ride for 1.5 to 2 hours at 25-30km/h. We recommend clip-in pedals, but some participants have ridden with flats. The rides are about fun and discovery, a little road and a little trail… and a café au lait and pain au chocolat, if we have some time afterwards.
Join the Liberty! Bicycles STRAVA Club to track your rides and create a record of your most memorable moments. It’s free and fun, and… addictive. (Sorry!)
Be more comfortable. Be faster. We offer a better fit.
Check up on the latest news from the Liberty! Bicycles shop.
We take care of our customers and their bikes.
Products we like.
Already have an account? Sign In